Moving /Downsizing Space
Some of the services I provide:
A working Schedule and Task List, starting with the day your house should go on the market and working backwards to today.
- I can help you declutter all rooms and determine where everything should go. (This means going through every drawer, cabinet, closet, shed, etc.)
- I’ll create a Photo Inventory of all of the major items in your house and a spreadsheet that contains a plan for each item (will it be Moved, Sold, Donated, Trashed, Stored, etc.)
- I provide detailed Labels and Box Lists for the Movers
- I create Room Diagrams for the movers at the new house
- I can get Estimates from movers and other contractors (if necessary) and coordinate their projects
- I will arrange for the Sale, Trash pick-up or Charity donation of all designated items (as listed on the Home Inventory sheet)
- I maintain online files of all contracts, related forms, photos, etc. so you can have real-time access to this data at any time.I can help you the day of the move by coordinating the whole event.
- I can unpack and set-up everything at the new house.
I can take care of all of the details of your move so you can just feel excited about your new home!
My house was just a chaotic mess and I could not keep it straight no matter how I tried. Christa helped me declutter and get it organized and even got my kids onboard to help out! She is a miracle worker!”
Val Williams, Silver Spring, MD
When I got married and we combined two households, our stuff just kind of took over! Christa helped us figure out what to keep, what to get rid of, and enabled us to easily share our belonging, and our new house. She had a lot of really good ideas that we never would have thought of on our own. She is a real gem and we can’t wait to have her come back and do the rest of our house!
I hired Christa to clean out my mothers’ basement after my dad died. She was compassionate, kind, and was able to work at the slow and steady pace my mother needed. The two of them became great friends and Christa is now like part of our family. I don’t live in this area so knowing that Christa is here for my Mom is a great comfort.”
Christa first set up my home office, then came back to do my garage, attic, bedroom and kitchen! Thanks to her great ideas, expert advice and ongoing encouragement, my entire house and business are organized and efficient. She has saved me tons of time, and money. ”
Silver Spring, Maryland
My home office was out of control with piles of paper everywhere. I was out in the field all day and then coming home to this pile, it was too much. Christa set up a system for me to follow, helped me figure out what I should do and what I should outsource and fixed all that up for me. She got rid of the piles I didn’t need and organized my filing system. Now when tax time comes around I’ll be all ready to go. I couldn’t have done it without her.”
Christa provides her customers with an individualized approach to their needs. She is creative, cheerful, personable and gets great results. I am happy to recommend her.”
Bodil M., Takoma Park, MD
“Christa helped me clear out my house after my husband’s death. I had not touched any of his things in two years and it was time, but I just couldn’t do it on my own. She was very patient and listened to all of my stories and gently encouraged me to keep moving forward. Not only did she help my house look better, she helped me feel better, and I think of her as a friend.”
Ellen B., Takoma Park, MD
“Christa is amazing — a true life-saver!! She brings organization to any space — and the results feel amazing. She lifts the stress and strain out of your space and leaves a clean, comfortable, sensible area for you to live. More importantly, there is no task too big, no judgment about what your space looks like and she is so incredibly friendly and upbeat about her work. You are left with peace…what more could you ask for?” G. Goodenow, Rockville, MD